A healthy, growing, vibrant church is impossible without a proper relationship between the shepherd (pastor) and his or her sheep (the congregation).
For 42 years, World Harvest Church has been blessed with a pastor who, for all his other endeavors that reach people across the nation and around the world, considers his role as a pastor as pre-eminent. We are Pastor Parsley’s flock! And Scripture exhorts us to honor that relationship.
One result of our pastor’s leadership was Sunday night’s NOW is FOREVER
Miracle, Healing + Victory Prayer Cloth Service. God moved mightily through Pastor Parsley, “Real Talk” Kim Pothier and Bishop George Bloomer.
1 Thessalonians 5:12–13
“Dear brothers and sisters, make sure that you show your deep appreciation for those who cherish you and diligently work as ministers among you. For they are your leaders who care for you, teach you, and stand before the Lord on your behalf. They value you with great love. Because of their service to you, let peace reign among yourselves.” (TPT).
“Are there any believers in your fellowship suffering great hardship and distress? Encourage them to pray! Are there happy, cheerful ones among you? Encourage them to sing out their praises! Are there any sick among you? Then ask the elders of the church to come and pray over the sick and anoint them with oil in the name of our Lord. And the prayer of faith will heal the sick and the Lord will raise them up, and if they have committed sins they will be forgiven” (TPT).
- The issue of leadership in the church Paul was addressing in the Scripture above was crucial, because it was a new church filled with recent converts.
- It’s likely that those Paul had chosen as leaders were no more spiritually mature than others in the congregation. So Paul’s command to honor leadership was an exercise of his apostolic authority.
- We are blessed to have a pastor who has developed a rich, personal relationship with God and devotes himself to study of the Word. So we don’t have the issues Paul was certainly addressing here.
- Pastor Parsley has become a great leader because he is God’s man! And our role is to accept and support his leadership as he lovingly leads us to where God wants to take World Harvest Church. God has delegated authority over us to Pastor Parsley, and our privilege is to serve him as though we were serving God directly.
- It is Pastor Parsley’s obedience to the Holy Spirit that has made World Harvest Church a place where people come from long distances expecting to be healed – spirit, soul and body.
- As a young man, Pastor Parsley sought divine healing for his sister, Debbie, and was exposed to an area of divine work that he had never experienced before. His faithfulness not only sparked a miracle in Debbie’s life, but also brought a healing ministry to this church that is uncommon even in the Pentecostal/Charismatic tradition.
- Paul told this new church to appreciate what the leaders were doing for them out of a deep love for them, and we are to do the same for Pastor Parsley and those he has chosen to help him lead World Harvest Church.
- God has placed Pastor Parsley and his leadership team among us for our benefit, and our calling is to support them vigorously and enthusiastically.
Thank You for Your divine vision for the local church! You have sovereignly placed Pastor Parsley to lead us, so we may know You, love You, serve You, and be salt and light to others in Your name. It is because of his obedience to Your word that I realize the healing that is promised to me because I am Your child! And I receive that healing in the name of Jesus.
I realize through Your Word that my future as a believer with a mission to impact my world is tied to the apostle You have chosen to lead me. Remind me continually of my responsibility to love him and appreciate him as he loves and appreciates me, because You have chosen Him to lead me and my fellow church members.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!
WHC FAMILY PRAYER REQUESTS
In Matthew 18, Jesus said “Truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Let’s stand in agreement with the following members of our church family who have requested prayer:
We want to pray with YOU!
Send in your prayer request on this online form
so we can agree with you in prayer!
Send in your testimony or praise report here
when God moves in your life, so we can give Him glory with you!!