The great shame of this age is that we have forced the Holy Spirit – the third person of the Trinity, as fully God as the Father or the Lord Jesus Christ – from His rightful place on His throne.
Until we become overwhelmed by our own wretchedness, we will never have the desire for the Holy Spirit to rush into our lives, to fulfill our greatest desires and enable our greatest actions on His behalf.
"Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise shall shine as the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who turn the many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever. But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase" (MEV).
“When I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, I saw seven golden lampstands. And walking among the lampstands, I saw someone like a son of man, wearing a full-length robe with a golden sash over his chest. His head and his hair were white like wool—white as glistening snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire! His feet were gleaming like bright metal, as though they were glowing in a fire, and his voice was like the roar of many rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. And his face was shining like the brightness of the blinding sun! When I saw him, I fell down at his feet as good as dead, but he laid his right hand on me and I heard his reassuring voice saying: Don’t yield to fear. I am the Beginning and I am the End, the Living One! I was dead, but now look—I am alive forever and ever. And I hold the keys that unlock death and the unseen world. Now I want you to write what you have seen, what is, and what comes after the things that I reveal to you.
The mystery of the lampstands and the seven stars is this: the seven lampstands are the seven churches, and the seven stars in my right hand are the seven messengers of the seven churches” (TPT).
"And it will be that, afterwards,
I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
then your sons and your daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
and your young men will see visions.
Even on the menservants and maidservants
in those days I will pour out My Spirit.
Then I will work wonders in the heavens
and the earth--
blood and fire and columns of smoke.
The sun will be turned to darkness,
and the moon to blood,
before the great and awe-inspiring day of the LORD comes.
And it will be that everyone
who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.
For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the LORD has said,
and among the survivors
whom the LORD calls" (MEV).
"For God speaks once, yes twice,
yet man does not perceive it.
In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls upon men,
in slumber on their beds,
then He opens the ears of men,
and seals their instruction,
that He might turn aside man from his purpose,
and conceal pride from man.
He keeps back his soul from the pit,
and his life from perishing by the sword" (MEV).
- Knowledge is now quadrupling every day. And yet, as an Old Testament Prophet noted and warned, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you from being My priest. And because you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children" (Hosea 4:6, MEV).
- We have been charged with telling the whole world about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But we have looked after ourselves instead of being about our Father's business. It's time for a radical change in our behavior!
- Here is the biblical formula for Kingdom growth:
- Being born again.
- Restoring the Holy Ghost - this is typified by dreams and visions, which are the end-time language of the Holy Spirit.
- We need the Holy Spirit! The legendary preacher Charles Haddon Spurgeon said, "Apart from the Spirit of God, we can do nothing. We are as ships without the wind. We are as chariots without steeds to pull them. Like branches without sap, we are withered.