The late Fred Rogers, memorialized in the recent documentary “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?,”
was an ordained minister and personified the behavior we should adopt with one another. Jesus commanded us to be salt and light in our spheres of influence, including our church family and our neighborhoods. We are the means by which others will understand who God is and how much He loves them. One of the most important steps a Christian can take is to be conformed to the image of Christ, so others can see who He is.
“When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they called a meeting to discuss how to trap Jesus. Then one of them, a religious scholar, posed this question to test him: 'Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?’
“Jesus answered him, ‘“Love the Lord your God with every passion of your heart, with all the energy of your being, and with every thought that is within you.” This is the great and supreme commandment. And the second is like it in importance: “You must love your friend in the same way you love yourself.” Contained within these commandments to love you will find all the meaning of the Law and the Prophets’” (TPT).
“Be cheerful with joyous celebration in every season of life. Let joy overflow, for you are united with the Anointed
One! Let gentleness be seen in every relationship, for our Lord is ever near.
“Don ’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith–filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will make the answers known to you
through Jesus Christ. So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising him always. Follow the example of all that we have imparted to you and the God of peace will be with you in all things” (TPT).
- When we accepted Christ, we became a carrier of the Gospel. We cannot take that responsibility likely. We may never have the platform Fred Rogers had to carry the Gospel, but as we are faithful God will give us opportunities to show what He is like to others.
- Our primary objective in life should be simply to be known as a Christian. Let the person you are to others accurately reflect the Person who lives in your heart!
- Wherever you are is your neighborhood. And if you really love Christ with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind, it won't be hard to love your neighbor. Set your minds on what is good and lovely and of good report; if you can prioritize your thought life accordingly, there may not be any room left for how someone else annoys you.
- Love, or the lack of it, is at the root of everything. The devil tries to reproduce love, but can't because God is love.
- We are the repairers of Creation, and we have to make goodness attractive again in our neighborhoods. We have to be the ones to set the stage. Our goodness has to be attractive to those who are in darkness.
Thank You for making me a repairer of Creation! I take seriously the responsibility to show Your love to others, wherever I go. Mold me into the image of Your Son, my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, so I may be able to show others more readily who You are and how much You love them.
I am inspired by the lives of Your greatest servants, and my ambition is to be worthy to be counted among their number one day. Fill me continually with Your Holy Spirit so I may radiate Your love and give it freely to those who need it most. Order my steps that I may be a window into Your grace today, this week, and from this moment forward.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!
WHC FAMILY PRAYER REQUESTS
In Matthew 18, Jesus said “Truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Let’s stand in agreement with the following members of our church family who have requested prayer:
We want to pray with YOU!
Send in your prayer request on this online form
so we can agree with you in prayer!
Send in your testimony or praise report here
when God moves in your life, so we can give Him glory with you!!