God’s grace saves us from what otherwise would be our fate – conviction as sinners and sentenced to a lifetime of separation of God. Jesus, at Calvary, changed all that – He made a way for us to be reconciled to God the Father! But we have to choose that outcome for ourselves. Choose today to live by grace, and to be gracious to others.
“Sin is a dethroned monarch; so you must no longer give it an opportunity to rule over your life, controlling how you live and compelling you to obey its desires and cravings. So then, refuse to answer its call to surrender your body as a tool for wickedness. Instead, passionately answer God ’s call to keep yielding your body to him as one who has now experienced resurrection life! You live now for his pleasure, ready to be used for his noble purpose. Remember this: sin will not conquer you, for God already has! You are not governed by law but governed by the reign of the grace of God.
“What are we to do, then? Should we sin to our hearts’ content since there’s no law to condemn us anymore? What a terrible thought! Don’t you realize that grace frees you to choose your own master
? But choose carefully, for you surrender yourself to become a servant–bound to the one you choose to obey. If you choose to love sin, it will become your master, and it will own you and reward you with death. But if you choose to love and obey God, he will lead you into perfect righteousness.
“And God is pleased with you, for in the past you were servants of sin, but now your obedience is heart deep, and your life is being molded by truth through the teaching you are devoted to. And now you celebrate your freedom from your former master–sin. You’ve left its bondage, and now God ’s perfect righteousness holds power over you as his loving servants” (TPT, emphasis added).
- We are not spiritual automatons, bound to the Church because of a social or hereditary tie. Each of us has the right and the responsibility to affirmatively choose to align with the cause of Jesus Christ or the cause of the adversary of our souls. God the Father gave us that choice, because He has surrendered His right to force that outcome upon us.
- But one of the consequences of God's ceding of the choice to each of us is that we get to, or must, live with the consequences of our choice. The One we have chosen becomes our master. Those of us who have chosen to love and live for God will have a loving God as our master. Those who choose the world will have the world as their master.
- We do not control every circumstance in our lives. But we have the ability to choose how we respond to them. An attack of the enemy, for example, is an opportunity to either choose to be defeated or an example to show the world what God can do with what the enemy meant for evil. Our choice determines the outcome of our situation!
- Stop blaming your flesh for your situation. Take authority over your flesh! You are what you consume (or as the IT department will tell you, garbage in, garbage out).
- God sets life and death before us. Choose life, so you may live as He intended!
I choose You! Thank You for offering each of us the choice of life more abundantly with You, taking advantage of Your character and Your resources, or life in the world, taking advantage of my character and my resources. What You have planned for me is so much better than I could have planned for myself!
Move within me so that I may be salt and light in my circles of influence to share Your grace and Your mercy with others. Order my steps that I may be a window into Your grace today, this week, and from this moment forward.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!
WHC FAMILY PRAYER REQUESTS
In Matthew 18, Jesus said “Truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Let’s stand in agreement with the following members of our church family who have requested prayer:
We want to pray with YOU!
Send in your prayer request on this online form so we can agree with you in prayer!
Send in your testimony or praise report here when God moves in your life, so we can give Him glory with you!!