God created two institutions, the Church and the family. And He gave mothers an integral role in the family, one which must never be minimized as secondary or one of unwavering submission to male authority.
No matter how your role as a mother, or your relationship with your mother, has played out on earth, we celebrate the role of strong women in our lives as part of God’s design for the Kingdom.
God calls us to influence the culture, not to become part of it.
“Who can find a virtuous woman?
For her worth is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband safely trusts in her,
so that he will have no lack of gain.
She will do him good and not evil
all the days of her life.
She seeks wool and flax,
and works willingly with her hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
she brings her food from afar.
She also rises while it is yet night,
and gives food to her household,
and a portion to her maidens.
She considers a field and buys it;
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
She clothes herself with strength,
and strengthens her arms.
She perceives that her merchandise is good;
her candle does not go out by night.
She lays her hands to the spindle,
and her hands hold the distaff.
She stretches out her hand to the poor;
yes, she reaches forth her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household,
for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
She makes herself coverings of tapestry;
her clothing is silk and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates,
when he sits among the elders of the land.
She makes fine linen and sells it,
and delivers sashes to the merchant.
Strength and honor are her clothing,
and she will rejoice in time to come.
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
and in her tongue is the teaching of kindness.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
’Many daughters have done virtuously,
but you excel them all.’
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her own works praise her in the gates” (MEV).
- What an amazing God, to allow us flesh-and-blood humans to create life – life that will live forever!
- If you wish to have children and have not yet been able to, we pray with you, that you may be able to receive that grace in your lives.
- Because we are all products of the fall, too often our family relationships become strained – sometimes because of mothers, sometimes because of children. It is never too late to forgive and reconcile.
- We especially need to intercede for those of us in our congregation who have special circumstances to deal with – a special-needs child, a parent who is suffering from dementia or some physical challenge, or both. It’s easy to become weary in caring for our family members, and special grace for those persons is both required and welcome.
- If you have a healthy child, make sure he or she is in church, bringing them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord according to Ephesians 6:4.
Thank You for Your gift of the family! What an incredible way for us to learn about You. Thank You for teaching me Your ways through the people You have placed in the most intimate settings of my life.
Order my steps that I may honor Your choice of the people You have placed in my life – my parents, my children, my siblings and those who have become as family to me. Show me how to best love You by showing me what it means to love them, in every station of their lives, so I may become more fully Your disciple and Your child.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!
WHC FAMILY PRAYER REQUESTS
In Matthew 18, Jesus said "Truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." Let’s stand in agreement with the following members of our church family who have requested prayer:
We want to pray with YOU!
Send in your prayer request on this online form
so we can agree with you in prayer!
Send in your testimony or praise report here
when God moves in your life, so we can give Him glory with you!!