What would you do to get to the house of God? Many of us got in our cars and drove here without a second thought. Kiki took two city buses and then walked two miles with the aid of a walker to get to World Harvest Church.
Maybe we need to be as desperate for God as Kiki was!
“When Jesus returned, the crowd gladly received Him, for they were all waiting for Him. Then a man named Jairus, who was a ruler of the synagogue, came and fell down at Jesus‘ feet, and begged Him to come to his house, for he had an only daughter, about twelve years of age, and she was dying.
“As He went, the people crowded Him. And a woman having a hemorrhage for twelve years, who had spent all her living on physicians, but could not be healed by anyone, came behind Him, and touched the fringe of His garment. And immediately her hemorrhage dried up.
“Jesus said, ‘Who touched Me?’
“When everyone denied it, Peter and those who were with Him said, ’Master, the crowds are pressing against You, and You say, “Who touched Me?“‘
“But Jesus said, ‘Someone touched Me, for I perceive that power has gone out from Me.’
“When the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling. And falling down before Him, she declared to Him before all the people why she had touched Him and how she was healed immediately. Then He said to her, ’Daughter, be of good cheer. Your faith has made you well. Go in peace.’” (MEV).
- Believers need to do whatever is necessary to get to God. For many of us, it’s easy in the physical sense. But we never know what others have to go through to get to His house, the place of His healing.
- Kiki was so desperate to get to WHC this past Sunday that she took two city buses. The second bus let her off two miles from the church, and she used a walker to navigate more than two miles on the side of a busy road (no sidewalks) to get here.
- We may not have the same challenges to get to this building as Kiki did, but we can adopt the same ’whatever it takes’ attitude to seek Him and His purpose for our lives.
- Don’t take your ability to worship in His house for granted. You never know the story of the person beside you - how difficult it was for him or her to get here.
- Come to the house of God with the expectation of the woman with the issue of blood. The atmosphere of expectancy is the breeding ground of your miracle!
Thank You for Your presence in my life! Order my steps so that I may never take it for granted. I am powerless in my own strength to handle the situations I am facing. Only Your strength, Your power and Your love can address my situation, and I am sorry that I have to be continually reminded of that fact.
Empower me to do whatever it takes to get to Your house to be with Your people and experience Your presence. Thank You for meeting both my needs and my greatest desires. Bless me today so I can be a blessing to others.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!
WHC FAMILY PRAYER REQUESTS
In Matthew 18, Jesus said "Truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." Let’;s stand in agreement with the following members of our church family who have requested prayer:
We want to pray with YOU!
Send in your prayer request on this online form
so we can agree with you in prayer!
Send in your testimony or praise report here
when God moves in your life, so we can give Him glory with you!!