Christian believers need to replace their fear with faith. Fear and faith cannot co-exist in the same life. And, when we're fearful we are prone to unspeakably bad behavior.
We are called to love God and love people, but we cannot do either when we are fearful. Faith is required for the Church's primary task today: to destroy the works of the adversary in this world. We were born to raze hell, and a spirit of fear renders us useless to do that. Discard fear and embrace faith in God today!
“If you take away the yoke from your midst,
the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
and if you give yourself to the hungry
and satisfy the afflicted soul,
then your light shall rise in obscurity,
and your darkness shall become as the noonday.
And the LORD shall guide you continually,
and satisfy your soul in drought,
and strengthen your bones;
and you shall be like a watered garden,
and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
Those from among you shall rebuild the old waste places;
you shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
and you shall be called, the Repairer of the Breach,
the Restorer of Paths in which to Dwell.” (MEV).
"The Lord is my revelation-light to guide me along the way;
he’s the source of my salvation to defend me every day.
I fear no one!
I’ll never turn back and run from you, Lord;
surround and protect me.
When evil ones come to destroy me,
they will be the ones who turn back.
My heart will not be afraid even if an army rises to attack.
I know that you are there for me, so I will not be shaken.
Here’s the one thing I crave from God,
the one thing I seek above all else:
I want the privilege of living with him every moment in his house,
finding the sweet loveliness of his face,
filled with awe, delighting in his glory and grace.
I want to live my life so close to him
that he takes pleasure in my every prayer.
In his shelter in the day of trouble, that’s where you’ll find me,
for he hides me there in his holiness.
He has smuggled me into his secret place,
where I’m kept safe and secure—
out of reach from all my enemies.
Triumphant now, I’ll bring him my offerings of praise,
singing and shouting with ecstatic joy!
Yes, listen and you can hear
the fanfare of my shouts of praise to the Lord!
God, hear my cry. Show me your grace.
Show me mercy, and send the help I need!
Lord, when you said to me, “Seek my face,”
my inner being responded,
“I’m seeking your face with all my heart.”
So don’t hide yourself, Lord, when I come to find you.
You’re the God of my salvation;
how can you reject your servant in anger?
You’ve been my only hope,
so don’t forsake me now when I need you!
My father and mother abandoned me. I’m like an orphan!
But you took me in and made me yours.
Now teach me all about your ways and tell me what to do.
Make it clear for me to understand,
for I am surrounded by waiting enemies.
Don’t let them defeat me, Lord.
You can’t let me fall into their clutches!
They keep accusing me of things I’ve never done
while they plot evil against me.
Yet I totally trust you to rescue me one more time,
so that I can see once again how good you are while I’m still alive!
Here’s what I’ve learned through it all:
Don’t give up; don’t be impatient;
be entwined as one with the Lord.
Be brave and courageous, and never lose hope.
Yes, keep on waiting—for he will never disappoint you!" (TPT).
• We are a people running scared. Fear prompts bad behavior! But perfect love, like the love with which God loves us, casts out fear. When we love others as God loves us, we create a less fearful environment.
• The most commanded command in Scripture is "Fear not!" So God is depending on us to live without fear. Replace your fear with faith !
• The reason we are called to have faith instead of fear is that we are commanded to advance the Kingdom of God on this earth, to "repair the breach" that exists in our society.
• Too often we seek to have things both ways, in order to be liked. But the Gospel is offensive; it has never been a Gospel of inclusion. So we need to stop straddling the fence, hoping to represent the Kingdom of God while being liked.
• The hope of every person is to find out why they were created. If we're fearful, it may be because you don't know why you're here. But you can know this: you were born to raze hell, against the forces of darkness.
• Today's headlines belie desperation, but that desperation on others' parts is our opportunity to speak the Word of God into their lives.
• We have the key to turn the fearful into the faithful. Have faith!
Thank You for choosing me to be part of Your plan! I confess that too often I am filled with fear about the unknown. But Your Word commands me not to fear, and to have faith in You, so I can be part of Your redemptive plan for the world. By faith I agree with Your Word, and approach each day confident that You are with me and that You are depending on me.
Order my steps so that you can find me faithful to repair the breach that keeps others from experiencing Your power and Your love in their lives. Use me as You will so I may influence the men, women and children You have given me to influence, for Your sake.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!