Throughout Scripture, God invites us to seek His face. He will act on your behalf when you do! Often we expect God to intervene on our behalf without having sought Him. But the Bible says He doesn't work that way.
We find the expression of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and the truth of His Word when we seek after God with our whole hearts.
1 Chronicles 28:2-10
“So King David rose to his feet and said, 'Hear me, my brothers and my people. I had it in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, a footstool for the feet of our God, so I prepared to build it. But God said to me, "You shall not build a house for My name because you are a man of war and have spilled much blood."
“'Still, the LORD God of Israel chose me from all my father’s house to be king over Israel forever; for He chose Judah as leader, and in the house of Judah, the house of my father, and among the sons of my father, He took pleasure in me to make me king over all Israel. Of all my sons (for the LORD has given me many sons), He has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel. For He said to me, "Solomon your son is the one who shall build My house and My courts, for I have chosen him to be My son, and I will be his Father. I will establish his kingdom forever if he is fully committed to keep My commandments and My judgments as it is this day."
“'Now therefore in the sight of all Israel, the assembly of the LORD, and in the hearing of our God, observe and seek out all the commandments of the LORD your God, that you may possess this good land and leave it for an inheritance for your children after you forever. As for you, Solomon my son, know the God of your fathers and serve Him with a whole heart and with a willing spirit, for the LORD searches every heart and understands the intent of every thought. If you seek Him, He will be found by you, but if you forsake Him, He will abandon you forever. See now that the LORD chose you to build the house for His sanctuary. Be strong and do it'" (MEV).
"Then Jesus gave this illustration: 'Imagine what would happen if you were to go to one of your friends in the middle of the night and pound on his door and shout, "Please! Do you have some food you can spare? A friend just arrived at my house unexpectedly and I have nothing to serve him." But your friend says, "Why are you bothering me? The door’s locked and my family and I are all in bed. Do you expect me to get up and give you our food?" But listen—because of your shameless impudence, even though it’s the middle of the night, your friend will get up out of his bed and give you all that you need. So it is with your prayers. Ask and you’ll receive. Seek and you’ll discover. Knock on heaven’s door, and it will one day open for you. Every persistent person will get what he asks for. Every persistent seeker will discover what he needs. And everyone who knocks persistently will one day find an open door.
“'Let me ask you this: Do you know of any father who would give his son a snake on a plate when he asked for a serving of fish? Of course not! Do you know of any father who would give his daughter a spider when she had asked for an egg? Of course not! If imperfect parents know how to lovingly take care of their children and give them what they need, how much more will the perfect heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit’s fullness when his children ask him“ (MEV).
- God wants to meet with you, at the altar of the local church or the one you create for Him in your home.
- The altar is where God says to you, "Come and meet with me. Put your cares on the altar. Put your burdens there and, let Me heal you."
- All you have to do is say, "God, I’m open. Give me that overwhelming desire that I know if I can just get to Jesus, everything is going to be all right."
- When we seek the face of God, we find three distinct aspects of His character:
- His expression – there is blessing in His smile and cursing in His frown. He showers you with brightness, saying that you’re the head and that you're not left behind.
- His Word – God has a word for you right now! It might be repentance; His goodness leads you to repentance. Seek a Word from God today – You might hear Him say, "Be healed, be delivered, keep seeking Me."
- His breath – As you’re speaking that word He gave you, the Holy Spirit is anointing it. It’s not you speaking, it’s God speaking through you. You don’t need anybody to lead you! Speak it. Declare it. Decree it. Get used to the sound of your own voice.
- World Harvest Church is being called to change a nation and a world, influencing people toward repentance and a dynamic love relationship with Jesus Christ. And it will begin when we collectively, consistently, seek the face of God at His altar.
Thank You for Your Word which commands me to seek Your face! Forgive me for the times I have hesitated or presumed upon You to move in my life without first moving toward You. Order my steps, that I would seek Your approval, Your Word and Your Holy Spirit in everything I do.
Thank You for the altar of World Harvest Church – a place where I can always come to seek You! Thank You for the altar I have reserved for You in my home – another place to seek You! Draw me close to You at Your altar so I may become the person You have called me to be, Heavenly Father.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!