In 2019 we are being called to a lifestyle of holiness that will preserve us for Kingdom purposes. Continually drawing near to God through prayer and time in the Word makes us stronger, both individually and as a body.
Individually, each of us is relatively insignificant. But united for a common purpose, there is nothing we cannot accomplish. Resolve today to persist in the spiritual practices of prayer, Bible reading and corporate worship participation so that together, we may win souls for His glory!
“The LORD met Balaam and put a word in his mouth and said, 'Go again to Balak, and thus you will speak.'
"When he came to him, he was standing by his burnt offerings with the princes of Moab. And Balak said to him, 'What has the LORD spoken?'
"And he took up his parable and said:
'Rise up, Balak, and hear!
Listen to me, you son of Zippor!
God is not a man, that He should lie,
nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He spoken, and will He not do it?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
See, I have received a commandment to bless,
and He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it.
He has not beheld iniquity in Jacob,
nor has He seen perverseness in Israel.
The LORD his God is with him,
and the shout of a king is among them.
God, who brings them out of Egypt,
has strength like a wild ox.
Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob,
nor is there any divination against Israel.
For this time it will be said of Jacob and of Israel,
"See what God has done!"
A people rises up as a great lion,
and lifts itself up like a lion;
it shall not lie down until it eats the prey
and drinks the blood of the slain.'
"Balak said to Balaam, 'Do not curse them at all, nor bless them at all.'
"But Balaam answered and said to Balak, 'Did I not tell you, saying, "All that the LORD speaks, I must do"?” (MEV).
1 Thessalonians 5:16-24
“Let joy be your continual feast. Make your life a prayer. And in the midst of everything be always giving thanks, for this is God’s perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus.
"Never restrain or
put out the fire of the Holy Spirit. And don’t be one who scorns prophecies, but be faithful to examine them by putting them to the test, and afterward hold tightly to what has proven to be right. Avoid every appearance of evil.
"Now, may the God of peace and harmony set you apart, making you completely holy.
And may your entire being—spirit, soul, and body—be kept completely flawless in the appearing of our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One. The one who calls you by name is trustworthy and will thoroughly complete his work in you” (TPT, emphasis added).
- God is absolutely deserving of all of our worship and all of our praise for many reasons – and importantly, one of those reasons is because He is not a man! Man is pre-disposed to lies and other forms of deceit, but God cannot lie! When He promises His children something, it is guaranteed to come to pass. One of those promises is that when we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us.
- Another important God-promise is that His Word is medicine to our whole person – spirit, soul and body. God's Word preserves us!
- He preserves us both individually and collectively. We aren't meant to live the Christian life alone – we need each other. Like a pride of lions, we are most effective when we do life together. At WHC, God has called together a pride of lions to work together to expand His Kingdom in central Ohio and northern Indiana. We are blessed to be part of a life-transforming group!
- Individually, we are relatively insignificant by the world's standards. An individual Lego piece, or brick, is relatively insignificant. But, like Legos, we are designed to attach to others – and in large groups, there is nothing that we cannot build.
- In 2019 WHC is banding together to make an eternal difference for the Kingdom of God. Take steps daily to preserve yourself in God, because we are going to do mighty things together!
Thank You that You are preserving me for Your purposes! Order my steps that I may draw near to You in prayer, Bible reading and other spiritual practices. Build me up so that I may be a part of Your plan for Your Kingdom, as part of my church family.
My heart is that I would continually be drawn to You and Your people, not forsaking the gathering of like-mind believers together for a common purpose – Your purpose, Heavenly Father. Make me Your child and part of Your pride of lions advancing into enemy-held territory in our circles of influence.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!