The power of the believer’s witness is inevitably tied to the believer’s commitment to holiness – to be set apart from the world, for God.
We can be at peace, despite the chaos swirling around us, when we become sanctified. Sanctification is the life-long process of being conformed to the image of God. He will honor our commitment as we become more like Him and less like the world. And when we become like Him, those who are far from God will want what we have and give us the opportunity to add them to the Kingdom. His holiness gives us the opportunity to make disciples!
“Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 'Go and proclaim in the ears of Jerusalem, saying,
"Thus says the LORD:
I remember you, the kindness of your youth,
the love of your espousals,
when you followed Me in the wilderness,
in a land that was not sown.
"Israel is holy to the LORD,
and the first fruits of His harvest.
"All who eat of it will become guilty;
disaster will come upon them,
says the LORD.
"Hear the word of the LORD, O house of Jacob
and all the families of the house of Israel"'” (MEV).
1 Thessalonians 5:19-28
“Never restrain or put out the fire of the Holy Spirit. And don’t be one who scorns prophecies, but be faithful to examine them by putting them to the test, and afterward hold tightly to what has proven to be right. Avoid every appearance of evil.
"Now, may the God of peace and harmony set you apart, making you completely holy. And may your entire being–spirit, soul, and body–be kept completely flawless in the appearing of our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One. The one who calls you by name is trustworthy and will thoroughly complete his work in you.
"Now, beloved ones, pray for us.
"Greet every brother and sister with a sacred kiss.
"I solemnly plead with you before the Lord to make sure that every holy believer among you has the opportunity to hear this letter read to them.
"Grace from our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen!” (TPT).
- Purity is the essence of God‘s nature. Holiness is His character. And His command to us is, "Be holy as I am holy."
- God is trying to empower you to be holy as He is holy! Unfortunately the Church has largely forsaken this revelation.
- We are set apart for the Kingdom‘s sake, but we won‘t be effective at discipling others until a longing for Him possesses our very being, and until there arises in our hearts a commitment to destroy every tendency that is contrary to His Word. Until that happens, we're just churchgoers!
- Christians love to claim Mark 11:22-24: "Jesus replied, 'Let the faith of God be in you! Listen to the truth I speak to you: If someone says to this mountain with great faith and having no doubt, "Mountain, be lifted up and thrown into the midst of the sea," and believes that what he says will happen, it will be done. This is the reason I urge you to boldly believe for whatever you ask for in prayer—believe that you have received it and it will be yours'" (TPT). But we have no claim on those verses until we have first lived out verse 25: "And whenever you stand praying, if you find that you carry something in your heart against another person, release him and forgive him so that your Father in heaven will also release you and forgive you of your faults" (TPT).
- If you want a life of divine power, pursue a life of holiness.
Thank You for Your provision in Your Word by which we may become like You! I long to be holy as You are holy, that I may become an effective instrument in expanding Your Kingdom.
Order my steps that I may become a partaker in Your divine nature and reflect who You are and what You are like to the people in my circles of influence. Make me faithful to You in this new year, Heavenly Father! My desire is to become more like You with each passing day.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ – Jehovah Joshua Messiah – I pray. Amen!
WHC FAMILY PRAYER REQUESTS
In Matthew 18, Jesus said “Truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Let’s stand in agreement with the following members of our church family who have requested prayer:
We want to pray with YOU!
Send in your prayer request on this online form
so we can agree with you in prayer!
Send in your testimony or praise report here
when God moves in your life, so we can give Him glory with you!!